Select a position to find out more an apply online.
Be sure to have your CV ready to upload.
Codford (near Warminster) Wiltshire
Competitive- plus pension and Health Cashback plan (Westfield Health)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Qualifications / Experience:
· Minimum: B.TEC, OND or equivalent qualifications in Microbiology.
· ‘A’ Level in a science discipline, preferably Biology will be a distinct advantage.
· Previous industrial experience within microbiology laboratory is not essential as in-house training given.
· The position calls for an individual with a mature outlook and attitude along with the ability to work in a precise, detailed and conscientious manner, following defined processes.
· This job is based in a small team where many duties are shared, it is essential that the job holder is a committed team player prepared to work closely with colleagues to achieve the required tasks.
· Full time position (37.5 hours per week), hours between 8.30am and 5.30am (level of flexibility) working one weekend in three (as part of a team rota) and a degree of flexibility to cover for planned and unplanned absence within the department.
· Full in-house training will be given with the aim to move the position up to Microbiologist status with external training opportunities available to improve industrial knowledge.
· Own transport is required due to rural location.
A vacancy has arisen in the Lyons Microbiology labaoratory, reporting to the Company Microbiologist. The role assists in the provision of a service to meet the Company's needs in terms of microbiological testing to a consistently high standard compliant with the laboratories’ CLAS accreditation and maintaining the principles of the Laboratory Quality Policy.
· Carry out practical microbiological testing of raw materials, ingredients and finished products, under prescribed conditions, ensuring compliance with all appropriate accreditation parameters.
· Carry out testing of water and environmental samples in line with the relevant methods and procedures; at times this will include investigation work.
· Preparation of media to ensure adequate stocks and the safe waste disposal of spent testing items.
· Calibration of laboratory equipment against set parameters
· Ensuring that all information relating to microbiological testing is recorded accurately and communicated to the Senior Microbiologist. This will include the use of the company database system which generates work plans and other relevant information for efficient work flow purposes
· Operate the automated testing equipment (such as Vidas) and any future technological improvements that may be introduced by the company
· Communication with other departments with regards to further sampling and product release, as directed by the Senior Microbiologist.
· Observe the correct laboratory (personal and environmental) hygiene practices, maintaining a ‘clean as you go’ policy.
If you believe you have what it takes and would like to join the Lyons team, please contact our HR department at DG_Lyons_HR@lyons-seafoods.com or call 01985 224300 for a job description.
Previous applicants need not re-apply and NO agencies please.
To apply for this position, please click 'Apply'. Just fill in your details below and attach a digital copy of your CV (PDF or Word) and click submit. We'll will be in touch as soon as possible.Apply now